10 New Travel Regulations You Need to Know
- Enhanced security precautions are in place at all international airports with flights to the U.S.
- Passengers must arrive especially early for any international flight as enhanced security on U.S. Bound flights is affecting all travel times
- All carry-on bags are being subjected to extra security screenings, causing delays at security gates.
- The Canadian government has banned all carry-on bags for passengers traveling to the U.S. because new screening requirements are causing excessive delays. Only exceptions are purses,
cameras, coats, laptops, musical instruments, medical devices and items for baby care.
- TSA urges all travelers to check as much carry-on baggage as possible but says that items such as car seats will be accepted on board flights.
- Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air are both waiving some baggage fees for the mandatory checked baggage on flights to the U.S. from Mexico and Canada.
- According to the TSA, all passengers regardless of age (including minors and unaccompanied minors) will be subject to additional screening if selected at random or if circumstances warrant.
- Secondary passenger screenings are very likely to include full body pat-downs and manual inspection of all hand carried items.
- In flight, at the discretion of the pilot and the individual airline, passengers may be required to stow all their personal belongings for any portion of the flight.
- In flight, passengers may be required to remain in their seats with their hands fully exposed to view, for any portion of the flight but most likely, for the final hour of the flight.
We higly recommend:
- Mark ALL of your pieces of luggage for easy identification.
- If you can, please check all luggage including carry-on bags. The less you carry the less additional screenings and manual inspections of carried items.
- Get to the airport AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. Normally you should be at the airport at least 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time but with the new regulations, 3 hours
is the minimum recommended.
- If you are traveling with a TOUR PACKAGE that includes transportation, you may want to consider booking a separate
PRIVATE TRANSFER for you and your family. With your own PRIVATE TRANSFER
you can relax and request a pick up time that is convenient for you and arrive at the airport at your own time, please avoid being rushed to the airport with a bus full of people.
CLICK HERE for Special Rates for Airport Transfers.
- If you don't have transportation scheduled, please pre-arrange your transportation for an easier transition through the airport. In addition, by booking your reservation now you will
get a SPECIAL DISCOUNT available only ONLINE. You need transportation so you can either get to the airport and pay the regular rates or take advantage
of the Special Discounts available ONLINE. CLICK HERE to compare rates.
- Make sure one person carries ALL required IDs, Tourist Cards, and/or proof of citizenship along with boarding passes. You will be required to show these documents at all
- If you are NOT SURE – Put it in your check luggage.
- If you have any questions regarding how early you need to be at the airport or if a PRIVATE TRANSFER is your best option, please call
TOLL FREE from the US and Canada at 1-888-414-0017 or direct at +52 998 848 0333.
Some flights were delayed due to the new regulations and because of bad weather in the US and Canada. As of now, flights will depart at their scheduled departure time, so please plan your departure
accordingly and get to the airport as early as possible.
We can't stretch enough how IMPORTANT it is that you get to the airport with plenty of time to catch your flight. Everybody is being meticulously screened and searched up to 3 times
and you WILL NOT get any special treatment if your flight is about to leave. These are new SECURITY regulations and officers are available to make sure everybody is
screened and NOT to make the lines go fast. PLEASE PLAN AHEAD AND DO WHATEVER NECESSARY TO GET TO THE AIRPORT EARLY.